Canopus Consulting helps in bridging the gap between management vision, the domain of architectural and functional complexity and the coding/programming terms that developers can work with. We simplify architecture driven development at all dimensions. We deliver our consulting services to our customers across three types of engagements:
LONG TERM ENGAGEMENTS
These engagements typically last for over a year. We work closely with the client organization and perform the function of the CTO or Chief Architect and mentor. While the assignments are open-ended from a time perspective, they are structured as a series of deliverables that we accomplish along with the team from the client organization. Long term engagements include the following services:
- Product and Platform Engineering – We take ownership of product/platform engineering for our clients and function as their CTO. We help in creating a roadmap and vision for the product/platform and in the realization of the vision by setting up the engineering team, designing the architecture and leading the team in developing and rolling out the product or platform.
- Architect Mentoring Program – We mentor the client’s architects and engineering team and in the process establish software architecture artifacts and create visibility for architecture within the organization. We work with groups of people using problems from their own projects to impart specialized knowledge, problem solving, and design and architecture skills..
SHORT TERM ENGAGEMENTS
These engagements typically span a 6-12 week duration. They are packaged offerings based on our expertise and have well defined deliverables and time frames. Short term engagements include:
- Outsourced Architecture Design – We design the architecture for large scale enterprise systems for a client using our intellectual property as well as industry standard frameworks. We deliver the architecture, documented using industry standards and train the client’s team on implementation of the architecture..
- Specialized Project Execution – We co-develop specific projects with a client’s engineering team. These are typically projects where the client team requires specialized skills to develop the software. We design the architecture, and bring our own team of super-skilled programmers to solve such problems, who work alongside the client teams for the implementation.
- Performance Evaluation & Engineering – We undertake a thorough performance and scalability review for existing software systems. We design scalability scenarios, develop test plans and drivers and analyze the system’S performance and scalability characteristics. We identify potential hotspots and suggest remedial measures.
- Architecture Reviews & Due-Diligence – We review the existing architecture and design for client’s software systems, products and platforms using industry standard methodologies. The reviews focus on the quality attributes of the system such as Performance, Reliability and Supportability. We also conduct technology due-diligence exercises, especially on behalf of potential investors.. These reviews present the strengths and weaknesses of the architecture, the team, engineering processes, roadmaps and management..
WORKSHOP ORIENTED ENGAGEMENTS
These engagements are structured workshops delivered for the specific needs of a client organization. They are based on our intellectual property and a library of architecture and design techniques that have been refined for over a decade. The workshops use case studies that are specific to the client organization and nature of work. These include:
- Advanced Software Architecture Workshop Series – The workshop covers advanced topics in the design of software architecture, dealing with quality attributes, problem solving, documenting and communicating software architectures.
- Product Lines and Systems Thinking Workshops – The workshop covers topics in systems thinking, understanding platform oriented architectures, and how to design and build software product lines.
- Web 3.0 and Semantic Web – The workshop addresses the use of semantic web concepts and technologies within enterprises, understanding technologies such as RDF, OWL and SPARQL and building collaborative applications.